October 13, 2013

God Understands Our Prayers

Hey, friends!  It's Jinny here to share a soft, girly, little number to highlight one of Nina's gorgeous, chalkboard sentiments.
I'm a huge fan of the chalkboard trend but wanted to go for a bit of a softer look.  So I overlaid a cardstock panel, which had been stamped with flourishes and two sizes of little hearts, with vellum in order to frame the actual sentiment.  And just because I like a clean, un-tampered with look to my vellum, I anchored it with machine stitching.
A couple more flourishes, stamped right on the vellum itself, and a simple, embossed butterfly ground the design.
Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  I hope that I've given you just a bit of inspiration for your own creative times this week.  Have a blessed Sunday!

6 comments:

Sande said...

Very pretty and I love the soft colors you have chosen. Great idea to anchor down the vellum with stitching as it's always a struggle deciding what to do with it. Thanks for sharing.

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous chalkboard, Jinny!

Lagene said...

Beautiful card! I love how you anchored the vellum with stitching! Good Idea!

Indy's Designs said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Such soft colors against the black chalkboard...stunning.

quilt4fun2 said...

I love the flourish set and I like how you used it on your card. The chalk board turned out wonderful. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Pam said...

So, so pretty Jinny!! Love the softness that the vellum brings!