August 28, 2013

A soft, romantic look

Clare here today with a card using one of my new stamp sets Cottage Garden. I decided to go for a soft, romantic look by stamping the garden scene using a green ink (I used Memento Pistachio ink) and colored it using coloring pencils. The stamped lines blend nicely with the colored pencils resulting in a much softer effect.


It's a fun technique to try, just build up the layers of color and add some shading with the colored pencils. I used StazOn Jet Black ink to stamp the sentiment because sometimes the colored pencils can result in a slightly shiny surface.


I love the artistic feel to this technique, it works really well with floral stamps. Here's the stamp set I used today - Cottage Garden.


Thanks for dropping by today! : )

6 comments:

Lagene said...

OHH so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. TFS.

Pam said...

so pretty!!!! love how it all blends too!

Sande said...

So pretty. Love the feel that the colored pencils give...so soft.

Lucky me won this super stamp set and can't wait to create some great projects with it.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I love the soft feel and the pretty color combo!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Jen W. said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning! Such a great technique and so perfect for these stamps.